Sebaceous spots can be easily “planted” on clothes, and it is difficult to remove them. At least, the usual washing is not enough. Manufacturers provide hostesses with a rich selection of stain removers of different consistency. Powder, liquid, gel stain removers, and those made in the form of a pencil, will certainly help to reduce the stain with your favorite jeans. But how to choose the best option among such diversity?
The success of the enterprise depends on the type of spot.
Today you can buy a stain remover, both very cheap and expensive. These chemical products differ not only in packages, but also in compositions, as well as the principle of action. To understand what kind of stain remover will cope with pollution, you need to understand the following:
- Type of pollution on the package. Some stain removers are specifically designed to fight organic stains. Others remove oil, grease and oil stains from paint well. A certain brand can be used to clean rust from clothes. All information on which stains are displayed by the product is indicated on the packaging.
- "Shelf life" spots. Old stains wash out much worse than fresh ones. Found a spot? Immediately proceed with the removal. Otherwise, the stain remover may not cope with contamination.
- High temperatures equal persistent stains. You can not iron the thing with stained iron. The higher the treatment temperature, the less chance of removing contamination. Since large temperature regimes fix the dirt between the fibers of the fabric.
- Each color has its own stain remover. Means for white fabric are not suitable for colored linen, it is best to use bleaching agents based on active oxygen for bright things. But the usual whiteness is also suitable. But the colored fabric can be washed only with those stain removers that are specifically designed for colored material.
- The ban on the mix of stain removers. Do not mix stain removers of different companies among themselves, even if you had a top five in chemistry in your school. The result can be unpredictable. And instead of the spot you can find a big hole.
- Check the type of fabric in the instructions. Before pouring the composition on your favorite pink blouse, make sure that the fabric from which it is made is present in the stain remover instructions as permitted.
- Incompatibility of any stain remover with acetate fabrics. Underwear fabrics produce underwear and lining materials. They are best washed using ordinary soap.
- Check on invisible area. Just in case, check the new stain remover on the "invisible" part of the thing to determine if the paints will not fade.
- Handling away from open flame. The composition of many detergents for clothing includes gasoline, solvents and other substances that ignite quite simply. Therefore, it is better to avoid this work, where the fireplace is burning, or a gas stove acts.
Modern technologies allow to fight the most difficult spots. If earlier a T-shirt with a blueberry stain was just thrown away, then in the present there is a chance that the thing can be used further.
Such different spots: removal from various tissues
To properly use stain removers, follow these tips:
- A bolon jacket or a piece of acetate fabric with a stain should be treated with "Antipyatin". It is enough to soap them with cloth, leave for 10 minutes, and then wash in warm water. You can also moisten cotton wool in vinegar and wipe the dirt, after which the clothes are well rinsed.
- Dirty cuffs of a down-padded coat are well washed, if you first apply "Vanish" or "Dr. Beckmann" on them. Splash fat can and means for dishes. It is necessary to moisten them with a clean sponge, and then treat the pollution. After the procedure, the down jacket can be washed in a typewriter.
- Grease stains on tacks and towels are considered to be hard to remove. To get rid of them, you can dissolve 2 large spoons of oxygen bleach in half a bucket with boiling water. There, add half a glass of vegetable oil, and then mix a glass of vinegar into this liquid. In the resulting mixture must be put towels. White and color variants are soaked separately. Then, when the boiling water is cooled, the cloth is rinsed and dried in the sun.
These simple rules will help you avoid fatal errors when removing stains. Let your belongings serve you as long as you want.
Types of stain removers
On the shelves of shops you can see not only standard bottles with stain removers, but also to find there stain removers, aerosols, and means in the form of napkins. There are special solvents for scrubbing art paints.
Cheap compositions are in every supermarket. "Udaliks", "Minute", "Antipyatin" and similar tools do well with fat, but they smell quite sharply. At the same time they are powerless against complex stains.
Safer products are manufactured by Amway, Faberlic, Frau Schmidt. They are not cheap, but they remove stains efficiently and quickly. They are bought in online stores and distributors. For baby clothes is popular "Eared nannies." This option not only removes stains from baby clothes, but is also hypoallergenic and safe for children's skin.
Colored underwear can be treated with stain removers with oxygen formulas. Such as "Vanish OXI Action" or "Faberlic EXTRA OXY". Active oxygen in them penetrates between the fibers, pushing the dirt out.
It is convenient to take stain removers pencils with you on a trip. Among the various firms can be identified: "Multi PROFESSIONAL", "EDELSTAR", "Unimax". One pencil can handle up to a meter of fabric.
Step-by-step instructions for removing fat stains
Fat stains are easily displayed if you follow the following instructions:
- Clean clothes from dirt and dust with a brush. Work with chemistry when the window is open. Before work do not forget about rubber gloves. Check the effect of the stain remover in a small and inconspicuous area;
- Wet the stain with warm water. On the other hand, place an unnecessary white cloth under it. Apply a stain remover with a cotton pad, lightly rub the compound;
- Set aside the item to dry. When the stain disappears, wash the clothes immediately. If it was not possible to remove the contamination from one time, repeat the procedure again.
Good stain removers should remove dirt, not paint from clothing. Quality compounds do not harm tissue fibers. After the end of application when using the correct stain remover, there are no stains and chemical odors.